Who doesn’t love these crispy flavour bombs? Kaiings are a guilty pleasure that leave many weak at the knees! We top flatbreads with these golden morsels and add sumac for extra zing. Serve with a cheese platter or as a snack for nibbling.
Serves 6-8 as a snack
Prep time: 15 min
Resting time: 30 min
Cooking time: 15 min
60 ml (¼ c) pork kaiings
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a large baking sheet with a little bit of olive oil.
1. FLATBREADS Add the kaiings to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add the flour and salt and pulse until well mixed.
2. Add the olive oil and water and pulse until a dough forms that starts sticking to the blade. Tip the dough out of the bowl and knead and form a ball – add a little more flour if the dough is too sticky. Cover with cling wrap and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 min.
3. TO FINISH Break the dough into 8 pieces and roughly roll into flatbreads. Arrange the flatbreads on the oiled baking sheet and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
4. Sprinkle the kaiings and sumac on top and season with the freshly ground black pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 min or until golden and crisp.
5. Let the flatbreads cool and serve with extra kaiings, on a cheese platter or as is!